lundi 26 juin 2017

Forgetting You , Forgetting Me : a perfect contemporary romance by Monica James



FORGETTING YOU, FORGETTING ME

Saga: Memories From Yesterday Tome 1
Genre:Romance Contemporaine
Date de sortie : 26 juin 2017
Prix: 3.63 euros


My name is Lucy Tucker, and my life…it was perfect.

I worked the dream job. I had the most incredible family and friends. My home, Whispering Willows, a ranch in Montana, was everything I could ever wish for. My adoring fiancé, Samuel Stone, loved me unconditionally.

I had everything a girl could ever want.

But one fateful event shattered my perfect life. It’s unimaginable how simple, ordinary words can change a person’s life forever. For me those words were, “There’s been an accident.”

I thought Sam was my forever, but that forever came to a close the day Saxon Stone, Sam’s identical twin brother, came back. Saxon returned to Montana to help save Sam, however, the moment he entered my life, he turned my world upside down. But through chaos I somehow found clarity—clarity of who I was meant to be.

As time progressed, as seasons changed, and as a fire began to burn, I soon realized that Saxon was there for another reason…he was there to help save me.

My review :image host

Before I start my review, I'd like to thank Monica James who trusted me and allowed me to read this ARC 


When I discovered that Monica James was going to release a new novel, I was eager to read the summary. I was immediately charmed and this feeling was reinforced when I discovered the cover that I find simply sublime. In France, Monica James has released the Addicted to Sin book series, and  I have the first volume but that I have not read it yet.  So I had no point of comparison but I was conquered from the very first pages. This contemporary romance takes you to the guts and it is then impossible for you to let go of your reading. I had to take a break to sleep (yes despite my reading speed, I am not a vampire and so I need sleep: p) and I enjoyed every moment of my reading. Forgetting You, Forgetting Me is the kind of novel that can not be forgotten and that remains in you, the emotions are vivid from beginning to end and I often had tears in my eyes.

Lucy Tucker is 26 years old woman and as the summary says, her life is now perfect. She is about to marry the man of her life when she is told a terrible news: Samuel had an accident. What should have been the most beautiful in her life would then become the worst moment of her adult existence. Indeed, in the course of the novel, we discover the past of this young woman and the least that can be said is that she is a survivor. She has suffered things that not only leave her physical but also psychological scars. With Sam, she has built her happiness and their love has lasted for years. Nothing can  question this happiness except fate that amuses itself by provoking the unthinkable. At that moment, we wonder what Lucy could have done to face such an event. The fate is fierce with the young woman who embodies only goodness and kindness. Lucy will once again have to demonstrate the strength of her character because what awaits her will not be easy. The reverses, the low blows, the harsh remarks will henceforth be her daily lot and I am admirative of this feminine character who often moved me. Like a reed, it will often bend, but it will never yield.

What I loved is the fact that we have flashbacks thabks to extracts from her diary. This allows us to know the origins of this wonderful and idyllic relationship. When we discover the meeting of Sam and Lucy, we have stars in our eyes and it is the dream of any romantic girl we live with this fairy tale. Their love story is superb, without a hitch and we think that these two are really soulmates. We have the opportunity to discover them during their high school and college years but also in their adult life. The ranch "Whispering Willows" is a true peace haven  that houses a sublime love story. Everything is perfect, some might say too perfect. But when destiny is involved, the worst is to come. I can not tell youmuch more because I absolutely do not want to take the risk of revealing any compromising detail. Monica James manages to keep us breathing from one end to the other and our emotions are constantly on our sleeves. As I told you, I often had tears in my eyes because Lucy will have to resist at all costs. Will she have strong shoulders for that? Will love be stronger than anything? What if Lucy found out who she really is?

Samuel Stone is Lucy's fiancé. He has allwe need to be pleased: he is charming, he is benevolent, he protects his future wife while taking care of her. Everything could have been perfect in the best of all worlds without this fateful event that will irrevocably change his life. If the excerpts from Lucy's diary give us an idyllic vision of the young man, we could ask questions about his twin brother Saxon. The return of the latter will cause an earthquake in the Stone family because it is clear that Saxon is the black sheep. He left the family cocoon when he was 18 and never came back. Fate and especially the call of Lucy will make him come back and I loved to discover his story. This character presents a certain confusing complexity and yet one can not help digging under the surface to try to find out who he really is. We know very well that a twin relationship is always special and Sam and Saxon will also demonstrate this. Again, I can not tell you more about these characters because if I did, I would take the risk of revealing you spoilers and spoil you the surprise. Just know that I had made certain assumptions and that I was not wrong on the whole line.

Besides Lucy, two other women's presence are to be noted as they are just as important for the outcome of the plot. We have Piper Green, Lucy's best friend who will always be present at her side and who is really the friend she needs to get through this storm. Piper has always been in love with Saxon and she is very pleased by the return of the beautiful kid in her life. But she will also know how to be the attentive ear and the shoulder that Lucy will need. What I liked about her is the fact that she will never voice any judgment. We also have Sophia Yates, whose role in the plot I'll keep secret . She has an almost solar presence because she embodies absolute optimism. Hunt the clouds, Sophia always sees the bright side of things. With her, it's a healthy life in a healthy body but I have to say that she has sometimes angered me and irritated me by her behavior. We have the impression that she never cracks and that she perfectly controls her emotions.

In short, Monica James offers  with Forgetting You, Forgetting Me a perfect contemporary romance. This Memories from Yesterday book series will keep on making us live raw and intense emotions and I can tell you that the end is just perfect. It obviously makes us want to discover the next book and our patience will be put to the test

To order this novel, click above


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour votre commentaire. Je le validerai après l'avoir lu . Belle journée et merci pour votre fidélité

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...